Add some colour to your walls on your wedding day with simple but effective nail and string letters! Jess from jk jk did this above her kitchen cupboards to spice up the neglected space.
All you need are:
- Coloured string of your choice
- A printer
- A hammer
- Find a font and a font size you like. It will be much easier if you chose a font with no serifs (tails). The font Jess used was Bell Gothic Std Black. Print out the letters to make banner. Make sure all letters are correctly spaced and straight.
- Hang the banner where you'd like the string letters to be. Step back. Make sure the banner is strait and that everything looks the way you want it. This is important. Take your time on this one.
- Now break out the nails! Place a mark on each nail 3/4 inch away from the head. This will help when deciding how far to put the nail into the wall.
- Put a nail in each corner of each letter and also around any curves. Decide how many nails you're going to use around the curves and be consistent with each curve.
- Carefully tear off the paper. You'll have to pull the paper around the letters, so you don't yank any nails out of the wall.
- Get out the string and start wrapping. To begin, tie a knot to one nail and start wrapping. When you're finished, tie the end to the same nail. In this example, Jess went around each letter 7 times with the string.