Your guests will go bananas for these banana bread mini loaf favors from Intimate Weddings!
Use 4.5" x 2.5" loaf pans for this recipe adapted from Allrecipies.com. If you double the recipe, it will make 9 mini loaves. Simply place the loaves inside 1/2 lb. candy treat boxes (5-1/2″ X 2 -3/4″). Read on for instructions on how to make the cellophane window.
Ingredients for Banana Bread:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour.
- 1 teaspoon baking soda.
- 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 1/2 cup butter.
- 3/4 cup brown sugar.
- 2 eggs, beaten.
- 2 1/3 cups mashed overripe bananas (about six bananas).
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts (optional).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease four 4.5" x 2.5" loaf pans or one 9×5 inch loaf pan.In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, cream together butter and brown sugar.
- Stir in eggs, mashed bananas and walnuts until well blended. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture; stir just to moisten.
- Pour batter into loaf pans.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes ( 60 to 65 minutes if using large loaf pan) or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let bread cool in pan for 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack.
- Meantime, get out the xacto knife. Cut a 12 cm x 5 cm rectangle out of top of 1/2 lb. candy treat boxes (5-1/2″ X 2 -3/4″ ).
- Cut a 12.5 cm x 5.5 cm cellophane rectangle.
- Tape the cellophane to the inside of the lid, creating a cellophane window.
- Place loaf inside box.
Visit Intimate Weddings.