- 1 1/2 x 300g packets chocolate sponge rolls (useda chocolate cream-filled sponge roll from the bakery department of the supermarket. Allow overnight to freeze)
- 2L Hokey Pokey ice-cream, softened
- 2 x 55g Violet Crumble bars, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup dry-roasted hazelnuts, chopped
- 180g block white chocolate, chopped
- 1/3 cup thickened cream
- Halved strawberries, white chocolate curls and silver cachous, to decorate
Line an 8 cup-capacity pudding basin with plastic wrap. Cut chocolate rolls into 1cm thick slices. Reserve 4 slices. Line base and side of prepared pan with remaining cake slices, trimming to fit.
Place ice-cream in a bowl. Fold in Violet Crumble and hazelnuts. Spoon into prepared pan. Level top with a spatula. Arrange reserved cake slices on top of ice-cream, pressing slightly to secure. Cover with plastic wrap, then foil. Freeze overnight.
Place chocolate and cream in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium (50%) for 2 to 3 minutes or until smooth, stirring with a metal spoon every 30 seconds. Set aside for 15 minutes to cool slightly.
Turn pudding onto a plate. Remove plastic wrap. Spoon 1/3 of the chocolate sauce over pudding. Stand for 5 minutes. Decorate with strawberries, chocolate curls and cachous. Serve with remaining chocolate sauce.
Recipe from Super Food Ideas Magazine, Recipe by Kim Coverdale.