For a cute twist on personalised thank-you notes, send gift-givers postcards of you and your groom wearing clothing with a message.
We came across this fantastic idea on Martha Stewart Weddings.
Below is what you will need:
- 3-inch high stick on vinyl lettering (or iron-on letters, available at Spotlight or most craft stores)
- 2 x plain t-shirts
- Digital camera
- Photo printer (or have photos printed at your local shopping centre)
- Xyron sticker machine or double-sided tape/craft glue
- A6 postcards
- Use 3-inch-high stick-on vinyl lettering, peel off the backing, and affix the letters to plain shirts. If using iron-on letters we find that loosely sewing the letters on before ironing them on helps to keep them in place
- Ask a friend to take digital pictures
- Upload your favourite image to a computer and print onto photo paper. You can run the photos through a Xyron sticker machine, which adds an adhesive backing. Alternatively, buy some double-sided tape or craft glue and stick each photo to a blank size-A6 postcard
- You now have picture-perfect thank you cards to send to all your guests, with space to write a personalised message on the back
Another idea is to use a favourite image from your wedding day or honeymoon pictures. You could even go as far as to include a personalised photo taken of each guest/group of guests with you on your wedding day - a great keepsake for loved ones to remember celebrating your special day with you!