Take pasta bake to the next level with this recipe from Taste for individual dishes of baked gnocchi. Serve straight away as a top-value family meal or simply freeze ahead for a quick weeknight dinner.
Preparation Time 20 minutes
Cooking Time 45 minutes
Ingredients (serves 6)
1 tbs olive oil
1 large brown onion, coarsely chopped
1-2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
4 short-cut bacon rashers, coarsely chopped
200g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
125ml (1/2 cup) white wine
400g can diced tomatoes
120g baby spinach leaves
500g pkt shelf-fresh gnocchi
200g bocconcini, drained, torn in half
1. Heat oil in a large heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Cook the onion and garlic, stirring, for 1 minute. Add bacon and cook, stirring, for 3-4 minutes or until bacon is light golden. Add mushroom and cook for 3-4 minutes or until mushroom is soft.
2. Add the wine. Cook, scraping any bits from the base of the pan, for 3-4 minutes or until wine reduces by half. Stir in the tomato. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in the spinach until it just wilts.
3. Preheat oven to 180°C. Cook the gnocchi in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions. Drain. Add to tomato mixture. Stir to combine.
4. Divide among six 330ml (1 1/3-cup) capacity ovenproof dishes. Top with the bocconcini. Place on a baking tray. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until the bocconcini melts.
1. Make-ahead tips: To freeze: Divide the gnocchi mixture among freezerproof dishes and set aside to cool completely. Cover with 2 layers of plastic wrap. Freeze for up to 3 months.
2. To thaw: Place in the fridge overnight.