Mums work very hard so why not give yours a break this Mother's Day by making her something delicious, like this strawberry and cream tart from Taste.
Ingredients (serves 6)
1 1/3 cups plain flour
2 tablespoons caster sugar
90g butter, chilled, chopped
250g cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup icing sugar
1 teaspoon rum
500g small strawberries, hulled
1/4 cup strawberry jam, warmed
1. Process flour, caster sugar and butter in a food processor until mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Add egg. Process until pastry just comes together.
2. Turn onto a lightly floured surface. Knead until smooth. Press into a 10cm (diameter) disc. Wrap in greaseproof paper. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
3. Place a baking tray into oven. Preheat oven and tray to 200°C. Roll out pastry on a floured surface to a 5mm-thick round. Line a 3cm deep, 19cm (base) loose-based tart pan with pastry. Refrigerate for 5 minutes.
4. Line pastry case with baking paper. Fill with raw rice. Place onto hot baking tray. Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are light golden. Remove baking paper and rice. Bake for a further 8 to 10 minutes or until pastry case is light golden. Set aside to cool.
5. Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sour cream, icing sugar and rum until smooth. Spread mixture in cold pastry case. Top with strawberries. Brush with warm jam. Cover. Refrigerate overnight. Serve.