Bamboo candles, which have built-in shelves, are a pretty way to decorate the table the next time you're entertaining, both indoors and out. This fabulous tutorial is from Martha Stewart, and will show you the step-by-step instructions to create these gorgeous candles…
Tools and Materials
- Bamboo canes (4 to 6 inches in diameter)
- Double boiler
- Large wick with metal tab
Bamboo Candles How-To
1. Saw bamboo canes to varying lengths with level bottoms and 2 inches above each shelf for safety.
2. Melt wax in a double boiler; pour in enough to coat shelf surface.
3. Insert a large wick with a metal tab; let wax harden.
4. Fill almost to the top with wax.
5. Let cool for 4 hours before using, and trim wick to 1/4 inch.
This Good Thing was first published in Martha Stewart Living, June 2005. From The Martha Stewart Show Read more at Marthastewart.com: Bamboo Candles and more creative crafts projects, templates, tips, clip-art, patterns, and ideas on marthastewart.com