This gorgeous and very simple Ceramic Photo Tile tutorial comes from the Let's Make It Ours blog. The Photo Tiles are so easy to make and look sensational when complete! They make great gifts for family members, or fantastic accents for decorating your home.
What You Need:
• 1 6x6 white ceramic tile
• 1 photo cut to slightly smaller than 6x6
• 1 easel stand of your choice.
• Matte Mod Podge
• Foam craft brush
1. Using your tile as a guide, trim your photo to slightly smaller than your tile size so that you will have a small border of white tile showing through.
2. Brush a thin layer of Mod Podge onto the tile. Place your photo on to the tile and make sure the edged are aligned evenly. Making sure that no glue is seeping out the edges, carefully place a heavy book on top of the tile for 10 minutes. This will make sure the photo sets with out any warping or curling edges.
3. Using a foam brush, brush a thin layer of Mod Podge over the photo. Make sure you are brushing in one direction only and try not to get glue drips on the sides of the tile. Let the glue dry for at least an hour.
4. Brush another thin layer of Mod Podge in the opposite direction that you previously used. Now you will have vertical and horizontal brush strokes visible. I like using this technique because it resembles linen when it dries...it makes the brush strokes look intentional.
5. Let everything dry and place on your easel! If you do have glue drips on the side of the tile, you can use a utility knife to cut them off.
Visit Let's Make It Ours