We found this great tutorial for a Mother's Day Flower Arrangement on the Home Life website. It's very easy to make and the results are simply stunning...
Show mum how you really feel with this simple, pretty, heart-shaped arrangement. The flowers last beautifully, and your gift will linger in memory long after standard bouquets have faded. This project would work with many small blooms, such as roses, but we love classic chrysanthemums.
What you will need
- Heart-shaped florist foam with plastic base (available from florists);
- One bunch each of pale pink and dark pink chrysanthemums;
How to make the heart-shaped flower arrangement
- Place the heart-shaped foam in the sink and gently pour water over the foam until it is completely saturated. Drain any excess water that collects in the base.
- Trim the stems of the flowers, leaving about 3cm of stem attached to the flower head. Starting at the centre of the top, insert the dark pink flowers around the perimeter and the sides to create a border.
- Starting at the same point, fill the centre of the heart with the pale pink blooms.
Visit www.homelife.com.au for more great Mother's Day Ideas