This fabulous DIY project is from Style Me Pretty and will teach you how to create a stunning Red Rose Hair Accessory like the one worn by the model in the style shoot below…
- 1 Silk Flower
- Silver Butterfly Barrette
- Hot Glue Gun
- Lightweight fishing wire
- Sewing Needle
1. Prepare your flower by snipping off the stem as close to the base of the flower as possible (without cutting too close that the petals start separating)
2. Heat up a glue gun, and ensure you have high temperature glue sticks available (works best for fabric applications).
3. Apply a small amount of hot glue to the tip of a silver butterfly barrette (the end which you pinch together to open the barrette).
4. Immediately apply the base of the flower to the barrette and hold for thirty seconds so that the flower sets in the glue.
5. Once the glue dries, thread some fishing wire through a needle, and stitch through the centre of the flower, looping through the butterfly barrette 2-3 times to ensure that the flower stays secure.
6. After setting overnight to completely dry, affix to your hair, and look fetching on your big day!