Home Workshop have used russet autumn tones, making an elegant country style valance. Don't be afraid to experiment with both colours and styles of fabric to achieve a look that suits your home and your personal style. You could try a lacy valance or decorative ribbons in place of grosgrain.
You will need a few supplies for this project. Here’s what you need for each window:
- A 1″x 3″ piece of lumber from any lumber yard, cut to the outside length of your window, frame included. I like mine just the size of the frame, but you can make yours a little wider, if you prefer.
- A heavy duty hand stapler
- (2) 1 1/4 yard lengths of grosgrain ribbon.
- No-sew fabric tape
- 2 1/2 yards of fabric, 54″ wide
- 2 angle irons and screws for installation (any hardware store)
Visit Home Workshop for full instructions and step-by-step images to help you along the way.