The Bride's Diary team loves sweet cards and pretty stationery, and we simply had to share this gorgeous card making project that we found on Martha Stewart.
The 'Cup of Tea' Valentine's card is the perfect finishing touch to give to your special someone on Valentine's Day.
Below are the steps for the project, but please pop over to Martha Stewart to view the video tutorial, and for more stunning projects like this one… to view the
Tools and Materials
- Card stock in a variety of Valentine's Day colors
- Craft knife and ruler, or paper trimmer
- Deep decorative edger punch
- Glue stick and/or adhesive tape roller
- Decorative Valentine's Day paper
- Teacup and handle template
- Large adhesive foam dots
- Packaged tea bag
- Plastic spoon
- Craft punches (recommended: Heart and Circle punches)
- Double-sided tape
- 1/16-inch hole punch
- Bead or charm (heart, key, lock, etc.)
- 5-by-7-inch folded card
"Cup of Tea" Valentine How-To
1. Cut a 6 1/4-by-4 1/2-inch rectangle of card stock in one color and a 6 1/4-by-1 1/2-inch strip of card stock in a contrasting color.
2. Punch strip of card stock with an edge punch. Align strip with bottom of card stock rectangle and glue in place.
3. Print template for teacup and handle. Trace and cut teacup and handle shapes from decorative paper.
4. Use large adhesive foam dots to adhere teacup and handle to center of card stock rectangle.
5. Insert a packaged tea bag into teacup. Snap a plastic spoon in half, and insert plastic handle into teacup as well.
6. Punch a heart from glittered paper with a heart craft punch, and adhere to end of spoon with double-sided tape.
7. Cut a 1-by-1-inch square "tea bag tag" from card stock; punch a 1/16-inch hole in top. Thread embroidery floss through hole and decorate tag with more punched shapes and beads or charms. Adhere tag to front of teacup and tuck ends of embroidery floss into teacup.
8. Adhere card stock rectangle with all elements to the front of a 5-by-7-inch card with double-sided tape.